Saturday, June 25, 2011

Back in the Saddle

Ok, so it happened again. I've only had this blog a few months and I've already backslid twice, this time for 3 weeks. It's so easy to slip back into old routines if you're not paying attention, and sometimes it can happen even if you're trying to counteract it. It started with me being tired and lazy for a few days and asking Brian to take over the cooking. Then it became too many meals of bread with jam and fresh mozzarella. And finally, it became a life of cereal and stopping at Subway after work, two of my least favorite ways to nourish myself. I spent a week trying to compile a healthy grocery list, but kept becoming overwhelmed with my options and putting off the actual grocery shopping due to laziness. It all came to a head this week when Brian came downstairs with his scavenged dinner of frozen corn and instant mashed potatoes and I decided that I'd had enough. Again. So I got down to business, picked some recipes I think we'll all enjoy, and took my man shopping with me.

Getting back on the horse is hard, but if you don't do it, how can you go anywhere?

Be on the lookout for more posts from me this week, I've got a summer salad I'd like to share, that quinoa recipe I've been promising for ages, cod in the fridge, and sunchokes I'm going to experiment with.

I'm sorry I disappeared, but I'm back now, and it's time to start cooking again.

No comments:

Post a Comment