Saturday, June 25, 2011

Bonus Post!

I wasn't planning on writing about this, but I think I have to. I spent the evening making a Beet and Goat Cheese Tart (post coming later this week) and I'm pretty tired. Enter Brian. After he does all the dishes in the sink (what can I say, I'm a lucky woman!), he notices that the bananas are getting brown and offers to make me a snack to have while my tart is baking. How sweet is that?

He modified this recipe by using more cinnamon and cardamom and by adding the honey directly to the bananas instead of after. Well, halfway through cooking it dawns on him that have neither yogurt or ice cream to put it on. He calls me over to the freezer and we start going through what we have. Lemon tea bars? Italian ices? Frozen veggies?

And then we see it - Weight Watchers English Toffee Crunch Bars. Perfect. Brian grabs bowls and starts putting ice pops in them while I check on the bananas. Then we break them up, layer the sweet goodness on top, and dig in.

And then it got all melty and gooey....yummmm

It might not look like much, but let me tell you, it was heavenly. Two ice pops and one small banana was just enough for a sweet treat I didn't have to feel guilty about. It tasted like bananas foster, but without the flames or the alcohol. I highly recommend all of you try it. Right now. Like, go to the store and buy what you need for it. I'll wait.

And so goes your bonus post for today. It was unplanned, but this dessert was just too good not to write about. Be on the lookout for posts coming this week, I've been busy writing and cooking all day and I think you're going to like what I've come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment