Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Best laid plans....

I had grand plans for today. There was a big 'ole salad involved with roasted beets and feta cheese. And a shrimp risotto thrown in for good measure. I was even toying with the idea of putting some doctored ricotta cheese in my lunch box with fresh lemon, vanilla extract and splenda.....but none of these things happened. Instead, we have leftover day number 1.

It was bound to happen sometime. And it's not that leftovers are bad, per se, it's just that they're not as exciting as new foods are. Right now I've got the rest of my eggplant (the fiance forgot to take his dinner with him yesterday so I stole it for myself), green beans, and a bag of fresh peppers that I've been carting around in my lunch box for two days but doesn't seem to want to eat itself. And hummus. Someone once told me that yogurt always sounds like a good idea until you get it home, and then it sits there forever. That's how I feel about hummus - it's either the best thing in the world, or the one thing in my fridge that stares at me until I have to give/throw it away.

I'm a bit disappointed with myself because I got up an hour early like I planned (another goal of mine) and made the first bus I tried to catch (practically a miracle) but I got waylaid by the Duchess of Windsor's True Hollywood Story on E! network. As the fiance can attest to, I'm a big sucker for trashy TV (and truly awful made-for-TV Christmas movies, but that's another story)

It's ok, though, because there's always tomorrow, and maybe even tonight after work if I feel up for it. Besides the salad and the risotto I mentioned, I'm also planning on some spinach bread and something having to do with chicken cutlets...any suggestions for that last one?

Please feel free to hit the comments or email me at nomoretakeout@gmail.com with recipe suggestions or other advice, I'm open to everything. Everyone I've spoken to about this so far has been really supportive, so thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment